Friday, June 26, 2009

County Cycles TT

Heard about the County Cycles TT on Thursday, and made a quick decision to do it since the training plan called for intensity.

The course is identical to the "20K" loop of the Synergy TT. It measured 13.5 mi on the button. The starting order went Jordan, Me, Timmer, and Casper. Casper was riding his fixie, while the 3 of us were on gears.

Conditions were ideal. A light NW wind and warm, but not miserable. The event is pretty low key, no holder at the start, and no corner marshalls, but not really an issue as long as you know the course.

I had what I thought was a good start, making up some time on Jordan. Then, at about 4mi, Timmer catches me. Ouch. Wasn't counting on that. From there, I gave him a gap, and stole pace of him, as we chased after Jordan.

And a chase it was. Jordan was determined to stay away. For several miles, Timmer was several bike lengths behind Jordan, and I was the same behind Timmer. Jordan was able to hold Timmer off until just before the turn to the finish. He was still able to hold me off, as I was only able to make up 15 secs on him.

The results, as expected, showed a reverse of the start order for the 4 of us.

The $5 race entry include post race brats. Very nice.

No comments: