Thursday, September 07, 2006

Former Trackies



This is a picture of Ron R. and myself on the podium for the 2000 Master's District 3000m Pursuit. Don't see either one of us racing fixed gear up at the track anymore. Ron Raymond quit road racing in 2003, and only races MTB now. I haven't raced a fixed gear since 2001. I've made a couple of appearances this year for the TT's on my road bike. Sorry, that's it. I sold my track bike, and promised my wife I'm done at the track. Most think it's because of my faceplant crash at 2001 natz, but it's actually a time thing. I raced 40 days this summer between TT's, road races, and crits. My schedule just won't support anymore racing.

4 comments:

Donimator said...

The post should have read..."Blaine Hasbeens"

Homme said...

So it's because of the face plant then.

Post those pictures for the world!

Skibby said...

http://donimator.blogspot.com/2006/07/ultimate-track-fightingcoming-to.html

Homme said...

ohhhh yaaa, that's what I remember...