Saturday, October 28, 2006

Red Barn Cyclocross


Just couldn't resist. I joined Skibby and Painman in this race in Taylor's Falls (picture compliments of SkinnySki). Jordan raced too, and loved it. He ended up finishing 2nd in the Juniors 10-14. I finished second to last (Thanks Skibby). Fellow Hudsonite, Bjorn Selander won, way to go! The toughest part was the steep, slippery run-up. It killed me every time. The MTB is a liability in Cross racing, but even with a cross bike, I think I'd be battling with Painman (who is getting fitter) at best. It's fun, but I know I will never perform well in cyclocross. I'm just too big to be jumping on and off the bike, and running all the time. It's incredibly hard on my ankles. That said, Jordan and I still plan to do the State Cyclocross Champs in November. I will probably pitch in next weekend at the LSC cyclocross in Anoka too (not sure about racing, though?).

Afterwards Jordan and I went to the Baker Apple Orchard for Apple Baseball and a Bonfire. What a great time. I gotta start riding again with JB soon.

P.S. Painman actually scored a CRY point taking 8th place today in the A3's. Way to get on the scoreboard!

No comments: