Sunday, November 05, 2006

Hagar City and Back

Opted out of Northfield today. Painman is down with a cold, plus Jordan's race was at 10AM, and mine at 1:30. Decided to spend the time on the bike instead of in the car, and sitting around at the race.

Made it down to Hagar City today. Haven't been there since a long ride with the Bakers in July. Fought the wind on the way down, welcomed the push home. Only bummer was a flat within 10 miles of home. Everyone hates flats, but I especially hate them when I'm that close to home, and it's getting dark out. Can't get too upset though, with 2 awesome long rides in as many days.

P.S. On top of getting the long ride in, my most excellent wife mowed the lawn for the final time today (I am truly blessed). The yard is ready for winter. Hooray and thank you Carla!

3 comments:

Donimator said...

You are riding entirely too much, don't you know there is cool car shows in Vegas, and numerous other sporting events to go to....

Skibby said...

Should've gone to Northfield, that hill run-up was sick. Even though I was DFL once again, I ended up 4th in the masters 35+... I got CRY points!

JimmerC said...

Don, keep those Sima posts coming.

Way to go skibby on the ROY points. I'll be at Basset Creek on Saturday.