Saturday, June 09, 2007

3 Days Rest, and Another Sub-Par TT Performance


Results Posted

After 3 days rest, another race. Jordan and I did the Frederick TT. The course was tough, with a few sustained climbs and wind to boot. I tried starting easy for once, and it didn't pay off. I ramped my HR up slowly, only to hit the big climb, and go anaerobic. After that, in the cross-tail wind, and downhill, I just couldn't push the bike. My HR dropped down 10 beats, and my legs seemed soft. I'm clearly still fatigued.

I rode just under 1:07 for the 27.63mi course, with 1400feet of climbing. Ave HR was low @ 166, and ave speed was 24.8mph. Timmer had an absolutely unbelievably fast ride in 1:00:52. Casper rode 1:03 and change, and Brian Abery bested me by 30 seconds too.

I was 4 seconds behind Timmer this past Tuesday, and over 6 minutes behind him today. Ouch! As Timmer flew past one guy, the guy yelled "You better be fast". Apparently the dude had never been passed by someone going that fast before.

Jordan rode a 1:31:59, and was the only 13&under that raced the challenging course. He loves TT's. Afterwards we grabbed a bite in Frederick with Dan and Linda. Always a pleasure.

4 comments:

Dan Cleary said...

I actually think the performance has to do with the airplane air and traveling. I've never seen where anyone can take a flight and perform at their best the following day. Doesn't happen

JimmerC said...

I'll take any excuse at this point.

Skibby said...

LancEPO Allmighty could do it???

For a real guy who slays himself all the time, Jimmer you do real well...

Anonymous said...

Look on the bright side, you got to ride it. 4mi into it I somehow managed to pull my shift cable out of my rear derailure?? I figured it was stupid to attempt that course in the 39x11 or 54x11.

Turned around a sealed my DNF fate. Fixed the bike and then rode the course. Did a VERY unofficial 1.05:42 figures....

I agree with the traveling...plane rides = hollow legs the next day for me.