Thursday, August 30, 2007

Pop quiz hotshot, it's dark in an hour, and you still need to get a workout in, what do you do?


The answer: hill repeats.

There is short steep climb a few blocks from my house that I've done repeats on before. Jordan was up for intervals, so we jumped on the bikes, did a quick 10 minute warm-up and cranked out 6 repeats. The amazing thing is Jordan stayed right on my wheel almost to the top each time. Dang. He's really getting strong.

Of course, 6 wasn't enough for him, but I convinced him we needed to cool down while there was still light. I think we'd still be out there racing up the climb right now if I let him.

3 comments:

Tenacious T said...

Time to buy lights.

JimmerC said...

Oh, trust me, we have lights. Just not ready to use them in August.

Unknown said...

do hill repeats if you wanna get better at hill repeats.. take it from me: specificity is key.. i'd do 2 by 10 minute tt efforts.. or 3 by 4 minute.. more fun than going up a hill too..