Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Some day are definitely better than others.


This story starts with our drive back from the Memorial Day Weekend races up in Duluth this past May. We just got done living and breathing the bike life for 3 days solid. As I sped down 35W at what I thought was a brisk 75mph, people kept passing me. I kept thinking cripes, how fast are they going? Then I figured it out. My speedometer was messed up. Every time I went faster, the speedometer went up, but wouldn't go back down. By the time we pulled into our garage, it was pinned past 120mph.

The next day, I took the truck into the local dealer, and they simply said the instrument cluster went bad. Replacement was $450. There was nothing I could do but pay to get it fixed.

Fast forward to today. I get a letter in the mail from GM. It turns out the cluster on our make and year is problematic. Long story short, it looks like I'm getting my $450 back.

Nothing feels better than getting money back that you thought was spent for good.

4 comments:

GoBigGreen said...

Is that another form of race reimbursement ?:)

Anonymous said...

And you're going to give that money to your loving wife who takes such good care of you...RIGHT?

Dan Cleary said...

Go Bucks. F Michigan

Anonymous said...

Buy some wheels.