Saturday, May 10, 2008

Synergy TT Recap


Photos courtesy of Skinnyski.com

I love the Synergy Time Trial, not only because the course seems to suit me well, but also because it is a top notch event. Same goes for this year. Well run, and hanging out at Sal's after the race it the best.

Jordan continues to amaze me, riding an average speed of 23.9mph over the 22K Synergy TT course. He won the younger juniors, and tied for 4th place overall with older junior Alex Meyer. His time of 34:25 was exactly 7min30seconds faster than his time at the same event last year (41:55). His recent performances have Carla and I re-evaluating our decision to skip junior nationals this summer.

I had a good day myself, riding to 6th place overall, and winning the Masters 35+ Open category, just edging out James Parker and Charlie Jacobs. I rode a 58:47 for an average speed of 26.2mph. My time was 26 seconds slower than last year, which I feel comfortable blaming on the strongish SSE wind making for incrementally tougher conditions. The finish line was moved up a bit, shortening the course just slightly.

Congrats to Grandstay for sweeping the podium with Stanford, Casper, and Koeneman. Well one to Synergy with Hareland and Timmer rounding out the top 5.

20K Results (actual distance = 13.68mi = 22.01K)
40K Results (actual distance = 25.66mi = 41.28K)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow. I look forward to getting pummeled by not one but two Cullens at the races this summer. Strong work- I hope to see you guys at Opus in a couple days, on the 13th!