Saturday, May 16, 2009

Synergy TT - Friggin' Windy

Photo courtesy of Skinnyski.com


Photo courtesy of Skinnyski.com
The Synergy TT is always a big challenge. The first 40K of the year (actually more like 42K), and this year, windy as all get out. The wind didn't seem to affect the fastest guys as much as the rest of us. Jordan clocked a 1:01:06, placing him 18th overall out of 102 racers. Very nice.

I had a somewhat disappointing ride. I noticed my rear tire getting soft coming into the last corner. By the time I was through the corner, it was all the way flat. It's a clincher, so there was no way to ride it flat, my ride was over. I had a fairly reasonable first lap, clocked in at 31:55. I could tell my second lap was not as strong. I estimate my time would have been around an hour flat and change, but that's only a guess. The flat was the result what appears to be the sharp end of the remnants of a safety pin. I'll live to TT another day.

The after party at Sal's is always a great time. After that, Skibby, Dave Gray, Jordan, and I hit Brown's Ice Cream Parlor in Stillwater. They serve the biggest ice cream cones ever. The couple shots below are after they are half gone.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey i think i figured out why skibby and jordan went slower at the dog!!