Wednesday, May 13, 2009

TNT - My kid beat me again...

Photo courtesy of SkinnySki.com

Photo courtesy of SkinnySki.com

Jordan and I did the TNT time trial in Medina Tuesday night. The course was reversed, starting at the old turn around. Gusty cross winds on both the way out and way back made for a tough ride. If that weren't enough, there was a downpour just before Jordan and I started. It quickly stopped, but we still got soaked.

Casper wanted to start 1 minute behind Jordan, so I started in between them (30 secs between each rider). The change in course means you have to go up a 3-5% hill just after the start. The winds were gusting across the road, and I could only hold Casper off until just before the turn around. At the turn around, it looked like I was holding Jordan at 30 secs, but not making much ground.

The gusting cross winds on the return seemed worse. I kept thinking how is Jordan staying upright? We were both riding deep section front wheel and rear disc. Nearing the finish, I could barely see Jordan, and I knew it was going to be close. He ended up getting me by 2 secs. Well done Jordan, especially given the conditions.

The course is marginally longer, maybe a 0.1 miles, and most people rode slowish times. Jordan rode a 25:06, improving his previous best from last year of 28:09 by over 3 minutes. Very nice. I rode a 25:08, about 1min20sec slower than by PR on the old course.

Curt Wood had a good ride at 23:32, with DKT @23:40, and Casper @23:42.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

outstanding ride on a really tough night

dave

All The Way Ray said...

With Fathers Day coming maybe you'll get a HED3 for the front of your tt rig. I'll contribute 10 dollars of unemployment money.

Anonymous said...

FAT CHANCE!!!!!
Carla

JimmerC said...

Already have a HED3 front. Maybe I'll have to start using it.

Rich said...

Dude you cant let that kid beat you thats pathetic! You need to figure something out dont be beat!

I dropped my dad on my $109.99 Magna when I was 12 but he was chain smoking on the ride!