Sunday, July 01, 2007

DOMS Big Time

I got DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) big time today, from yesterday's running race. It not as bad as I thought it would be, but it's still pretty bad. I can ride, but walking is a problem, especially up and down stairs.

Jordan, Waataja, and I did an easy 2 hour ride yesterday, and another one today. It seems to help a little, but in the absence of a massage, it's simply going to take time to heal.

I bumped into Doug Swanson and his wife at the Chocolate Ox (local candy/ice cream shop). I felt less guilty about having the Paul Bunyan Cone, once I saw Doug indulging his sweet tooth too.

3 comments:

Lunatic Biker said...

This running of yours scares me.

Anonymous said...

Jimmer,
Weightbearing activity on those hamstrings doesnt feel too good, does it? I feel your pain after any tri i do. Best to avoid practice runs (in my mind) cuz you then have sore hammies even before the actual event!
Massage, and contrast baths help.
Julia

Anonymous said...

AHHH Ha Ha ha ha ha, stop, I'm laughing so hard I'm starting to cry.