Sunday, December 30, 2007

10,000 Miles - Goal Achieved

2007 Cycling Total: 10,003 Miles, 589 hours

A huge group started from the Stone Arch.

I don't pretend to be the only local rider who piles on the miles, in fact, I know there are others that ride more than me on a regular basis. That said, I came up 303 miles short of the 10,000 mile mark in 2006. With our trip to France being my main motivation for 2007, I also had a secondary goal of breaking the 10,000 mile barrier. It took me to my last training day of the year, but I just pulled it off. I was happy to share my final ride of 2007 with a huge group.

I couldn't have done it without the support of my family. Carla and Maren were supportive all year long, and Jordan rode many of the miles along with me. In fact, Jordan tallied 4327 miles himself. Congrats buddy.

For 2008, my goals and motivation will be different. I plan to decrease volume, and increase intensity. I call it the "Timmer Plan".

4 comments:

StevenCX said...

Just in the nick of time too!

Lunatic Biker said...

Good job Mr Cullen. Now all we have to do is get you out of that spandex occasionally and ride like the rest of us.

Jay Tegeder said...

Congrats Jim on your historic feet/feat. Or maybe your feet are sore... 10 grand is a lot of revolutions.

Kevin Gilmore said...

Congrats! That's especially good considering the December we had.