Sunday, December 02, 2007

First 318 Ride




The snow and cold didn't keep us from the 1st 318 ride of the off-season, at least not all of us (Red Lantern and A-Train MIA). We met up with Skibby, Big Dave, and Brain Crosby on the Greenway, and rode into Mpls. On our way to meet them, in Hopkins, we were pushing our way through some plow drifts, and Painman managed to go down 3 times in about 5 minutes. He had Jordan and I laughing till it hurt. Cruising through the snow drifts made the ride all that more fun.

We stopped at Dunn Bros. in downtown to warm back up. Stopping mid-ride at a coffee shop is actually one of my favorite parts of winter riding. You really learn to appreciate the warmth, conversation, and of course, the absolutely guilt-free calorie intake. Quote of the day from Painman, "Even my foot warmers are cold."

The ride home went by fast, and the post-ride food at the 318 was great as always. After Saturday, I was seriously considering riding the trainer instead, but Jordan had his heart set on riding outside. Thanks for the motivation buddy. To top it off, Jordan cracked 4000 miles year-to-date on the ride. Congrats.

Jordan's snow covered Motor Pecan

Wiped out after 3.5 hours in the saddle

7 comments:

Dan Cleary said...

Sorry I didn't make the 318 ride. Family obligations. I'll be there next weekend though.

I probably would have gone down 4x if Painman went down 3.

Looking at that pic of Jordan sleeping, if I fell asleep like that I'd have a stiff neck for a week.

StevenCX said...

That's hardcore man.

Lunatic Biker said...

Congrats on 4000 miles Master Cullen. I celebrated 4000 miles with my first tattoo. Hmmmmm? Nah, no tattoos for you. Carla, you on the other hand could increase your street cred with some ink!!

Anonymous said...

Ray, how do you know that I don't have some ink? You'll never know-he he!!
Carla

Lunatic Biker said...

What was I thinking...I'm sure there's a Winnie The Pooh somewhere.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the ride Cullens, good job Jim!

OTR said...

I was still wiped from my Sat adventure and had a family deal in St. Cloud. I should be there next Sun. Let's connect on the way out.

Guess it's time to throw on the studs huh Painman? My shoulder is pretty sore, bet yours are feelin' good.