Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I Love a Rainy Night

The addict in me just had to get out on the road last night. The sky cleared around 6PM, and Jordan was game, so we did it. The roads were wet, and Jordan got a flat right away. I think it was his first road flat ever. I fixed it, and he asked "what we were going to do now?", as if calling it a night was an option. I simply stated, we forge on, taillights ablaze.

By that time it was dark, and then it started to lightly rain again, forcing us to abandon our eyewear. I hadn't turned my headlight on yet, but Jordan had his on. We were cruising along when suddenly a deer ran right in front of me. I slammed on the brakes, and luckily Jordan was to the side of me, and avoided plowing into me. I just kept thinking I hope there isn't a second deer, and luckily there wasn't. I said to Jordan "How close was that?", to which he replied, "What?". He didn't even see the deer.

We rolled into the driveway around 8PM. I Love a Rainy Night.

1 comment:

Large Falling Icicles said...

THose deer are in heat right now. I almost hit a big buck going down a busy avenue at 30 on my bike, big buck and he sort of snarled at me. Watch out dude, bring a gun after 6:00.