Sunday, October 07, 2007

Lake Rebecca Cyclocross


A boy amongst men.


Rippin it through a turn.


Jordan and I did the Lake Rebecca Cyclocross Race on Sunday. The course had a lot of single track, but not very technical. There was a bunny hopable log, and just 2 barriers, both in front of rideable run-ups. It was way hot and humid, but the rain held off. I had no trouble with the bunny hop. I was running up the first, steeper run-up for most of the race, but remounting for the other one. I rode up the steeper one the last 2 laps, and I am kicking myself for not riding it every time. I don't think it would have made a difference in my result, but I hate running, especially uphill.

Jordan ended up 2nd or 3rd in the Juniors under 15. There is still some confusion about cyclocross racing age. Last week, the officials said your racing age is 1 year older than your 2007 racing license reads. This week, one of the officials stated it depends on your birthday. Whatever it is, I wish they would settle it once and for all. The juniors are heavily affected by this rule.

As far as my finish, I have no idea. I left before any results were posted. I was bummed to skip the first handup, and then botch the next 2. I didn't get a drink until the 4th lap. What a bummer. I'm not going to be winning any cyclocross races anytime soon, but I am having fun.

Even more of a bummer, Painman flatted entering the woods just after the start, and had to run nearly an entire lap. He didn't have any wheels in the pit, and mine wouldn't work for him, so he grabbed Jordan's bike and finished the race. I wish I could have seen it. It had to be dang funny.

5 comments:

Lunatic Biker said...

He did pretty good on Jordan's bike. My bike was already in the car or he could've used mine.

Skibby said...

whatever official told you that, he was wrong. It's in the rule-book, whatever your racing age is in January of the following year is your cross age...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the bike Jordo!

Skibby said...

RACING AGE in January. Jordan's racing age in January is 14, so his CX racing age for this season is 14, because this cx season runs until February....

Skibby said...

ok, Jordan is 13 in 2008, not 14 but you get the drift...